Monday, February 14, 2011

iPod Touch, Part Two

Well, that was easy...

My very wonderful Dad* has a membership at Sam's Club, which was having a "no interest for a year" special - I had to get the 64 GB to qualify, but the payment terms make the higher price worth it.

I spent hours - literally - yesterday getting acquainted and I think this is going to work just as well as I had hoped: I already have a to-do list with several items on it, a shopping list, and a notes program to jot down all the things I want to remember - books to read, movie recommendations, which brand of cheese not to buy. Might sound silly, but I forget if I don't write things down and it's getting worse as I get older. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Next step: transferring my contacts and calendar from myYahoo - no more forgetting the address/phone book or not knowing what my schedule is when somebody asks if we can meet, because this organizer is going everywhere with me.

I also had some fun in the Apps Store - all for free! Pandora, NASA, BBC News. There was even a free book - title predetermined - with the iBooks download: Winnie-the-Pooh!! The title choice somehow seems like a stamp of approval from the universe, that this was a good choice and not the extravagance it still feels like.

The naming process was especially difficult this time, but in the end I decided to re-use the name from the computer I don't have anymore because I am hoping that this new companion will bring much Serenity into my life.

* He also reads my blog...

No comments: