Monday, July 17, 2006

Cap’n Jack is Back!

No spoilers in this post, but I can’t vouch for the comments. You’ve been warned.

I’m always worried that sequels will just re-hash the best bits from the previous story – both movies and books have this tendency, in my experience. If it worked once, do it again, and again, and again....

Dead Man’s Chest manages to reference the fun of Curse of the Black Pearl without redoing it. IMHO. Others may disagree.

I wouldn’t say it’s as-good-as or better-than the first movie, but it is a worthy sequel. And that’s all I really asked for…

Oh, and just for the record, the smile on Jack’s face as he calls Elizabeth, well, something after she, well, you’ll know the look when you see it. That’s one example of Johnny Depp’s brilliance. That look is PERFECT for that moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pick up the latest Rolling Stone magazine, it's got an interview with Depp and his producer. "That's the Depp I know, he walks around half Jack all the time." Cool stuff.