Thursday, September 22, 2005

Reminiscences

Memory sure is a funky thing.

This post is in response to a comment left for my "Coffee and Voices" post.

I've always remembered this as a writing project, not as a 'cardboard box TV' but now that I think about it some more, that must be what it was. You have a good memory, 'you know who'.

It was sixth grade and my story was about one-armed aliens -- don't ask why, because I honestly don't remember. If our house hadn't burned down when I was 17, I'd probably still have this project and I could tell you more about the story. Yes, I'm a pack rat -- always have been, probably always will be. I've learned to deal with it and if you're going to hang with me, you should, too.

Anyway, I remember a cardboard box and two empty paper towel rolls and having to glue (tape?) the pages of the story together and onto the rolls. The 'TV' design wasn't mine, I don't think. I'm pretty sure that the format was the teacher's idea, but the storyline and (godawful) pictures were mine. I will certainly never be able to claim 'artist' among my accomplishments.

I hope that some mad scientists somewhere are working on ways to improve memory retention or verify memories or something along those lines. I've got a few I'd really like to nail down....

No comments: