Friday, July 30, 2004

Radio

Now that I'm moving to the Big Island (in September), Honolulu has finally gotten a radio station worth listening to: KHUI "99.5 Bob FM."

Okay, first off, you've gotta love the name :-)

Now, don't get me wrong: The Big Kahuna's Classic Rock is a good station, but they play too much of the same stuff.

The Bob FM format is mostly 80's and 90's popular rock. It's actually much more diverse than that, but I can't be any more specific with actual titles and artists -- I've just got no memory lately. It's not always stuff I want to listen to (they play too much Tom Petty for my taste), but they are:

a) playing songs that aren't being played on every other radio station in town

b) not playing the same songs over and over and over (like every other station in town)

c) playing stuff that I haven't heard in many, many, many years.

Their tag line, though ("Music from the 80's, 90's and Whenever!") really stinks. If only they could get Darah to do their advertising...

No comments: