Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Misc. Thoughts

Once again, others have said perfectly what I want to say, only this time they're friends. There's Lori's summation of fundamentalism and Puanani's review of Spiderman 2 and Stargate SG-1. I would add only that I was impressed by the makeup for Tobey Maguire's eyes when Peter Parker was so tired all the time -- for some reason that really struck me.

I don't know if it's because I'm new to blogging or what, but I was especially tickled a few weeks back when somebody I don't know mentioned my weblog.

Lastly, I finally got to see the version of Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman... It was so refreshing to see a movie where an entire scene is one shot, not micro-edits of many different takes. And, yes, my heart broke when Colonel Brandon (Alan) is waiting outside Marianne's sick room and says to Elinor "Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad." Rewind, watch again, rewind, watch again....

No comments: