Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day

A few days late, but I didn't see this post by The Bloggess until today.  She nicely sums up my own feelings about this farcical holiday:  "this is a ridiculous non-holiday made to make everyone feel insecure about their relationships or lack thereof."  I've never had positive feelings about the day and it got worse when one of my grandfathers, an incredibly sweet man, died on February 14, 1999.  {Yes, anniversary dates stick with me.}  So, no chocolates or roses or ridiculously expensive dinner for me.  Instead I did as The Bloggess suggested and did something I enjoyed: I sat on my couch with my kitties and read from several books, completed a slew of crossword puzzles, and continued my Fringe-athon - and a pleasant day was had by all.

No comments: