I haven’t exactly been writing, but I have been involved with sort of a creative endeavor that has been eating a lot of my time.
This tutorial represents a collaborative effort on the part of myself and four other librarians here at UHH. The initial request / impetus came from the Computer Science 101 instructors. The template we based it on came from Kapiolani Community College. My librarian colleagues did most of the writing / tweaking, and I did all the web design work. Then four of us team-taught six sections of CS 101.
All the hours spent were definitely worth it – the Computer Science instructors were pleased, the students actually participated, and we (the instruction librarians) now have an additional tool we can use in the future.
My English class is still going well – I performed well on both the midterm and second in-class writing and think I did okay on my part of our group presentation. But, it’s the end of the semester and I have a 7-9 page research paper due in slightly less than two weeks, so I probably won’t be posting much. I’ve chosen the family dynamics and social structure in a few different versions of Beauty and the Beast and if the paper goes well, I’ll try to remember to post something about it here.